Long Range Sound Propagation (LRSP)
The International Symposia on Long Range Sound Propagation are held every two years alternately between the US and Europe. The goals of the symposia are to exchange information on current research in sound propagation in the atmosphere ranging from infrasound to low frequency audible sound. Presentations on all aspects of long range sound propagation are welcome including wave propagation, source modeling, signal detection and analysis and instrumentation. Focuses have included meteorological effects on signal propagation, acoustics for atmospheric sounding, and acoustic monitoring of man-made and natural hazards.
The 16th Symposium on Long Range Sound Propagation was conducted at the University of Mississippi on 20-21 September 2016.
Electronic versions of the proceedings can be downloaded below.
- LRSP I 1981 Diamondhead, MS USA (LRSP 1.1)
- LRSP II 1984 New Orleans, LA USA (LRSP 2.1, LRSP 2.2)
- LRSP III 1988 Jackson, MS (LRSP 3.1, LRSP 3.2)
- LRSP IV 1990 Hampton, VA USA (LRSP 4.1)
- LRSP V 1992 Milton Keynes, England (LRSP 5.1)
- LRSP VI 1994 Ottawa, Canada (LRSP 6.1)
- LRSP VII 1996 Lyon France (LRSP 7.1)
- LRSPVIII 1998 State College, PA USA (LRSP 8.1)
- LRSP IX 2000 Amsterdam, Netrherlands (LRSP 9.1)
- LRSP X 2002 Grenoble, France (LRSP 10.1)
- LRSP XI 2004 Fairlee VT USA (LRSP 11.1, LRSP 11.2)
- LRSP XII 2006 New Orleans, LA USA (LRSP 12.1)
- LRSP XIII 2008 Lyon, France (LRSP 13.1)
- LRSP XIV 2011 Baltimore, MD USA (LRSP 14.1, LRSP 14.2, LRSP 14.3)
- LRSP XV 2014 Vienna, Austria (LRSP 15.1)
- LRSP XVI 2016 Oxford, MS USA (LRSP 16.1)
- LRSP XVII 2018 Lyon, France (LRSP 17.1)
For older proceedings please contact our office at 662-915-5889 or by email email@example.com.