Long Range Sound Propagation (LRSP)
The International Symposia on Long Range Sound Propagation are held every two years alternately between the US and Europe. The goals of the symposia are to exchange information on current research in sound propagation in the atmosphere ranging from infrasound to low frequency audible sound. Presentations on all aspects of long range sound propagation are welcome including wave propagation, source modeling, signal detection and analysis and instrumentation. Focuses have included meteorological effects on signal propagation, acoustics for atmospheric sounding, and acoustic monitoring of man-made and natural hazards.
This year the LRSP will be held on September 20 and 21 in Oxford, Mississippi on the campus of the University of Mississippi and will be hosted by the National Center for Physical Acoustics (NCPA). Registration can be done online at by accessing:
A block of rooms has been reserved at the “Graduate”, a hotel in Oxford. Let them know you are with the LRSP group. The cut-off date to get the rate of $129/night is 19 August 2016.
http://graduateoxford.com/ or you may call the hotel at 1-662-234-3031.
The meeting costs will include coffee and pastries and refreshments and a group dinner at a local restaurant.
Electronic versions of the proceedings can be downloaded below.
- LRSP I 1981 Diamondhead, MS USA (LRSP 1.1)
- LRSP II 1984 New Orleans, LA USA (LRSP 2.1, LRSP 2.2)
- LRSP III 1988 Jackson, MS (LRSP 3.1, LRSP 3.2)
- LRSP IV 1990 Hampton, VA USA (LRSP 4.1)
- LRSP V 1992 Milton Keynes, England (LRSP 5.1)
- LRSP VI 1994 Ottawa, Canada (LRSP 6.1)
- LRSP VII 1996 Lyon France (LRSP 7.1)
- LRSPVIII 1998 State College, PA USA (LRSP 8.1)
- LRSP IX 2000 Amsterdam, Netrherlands (LRSP 9.1)
- LRSP X 2002 Grenoble, France (LRSP 10.1)
- LRSP XI 2004 Fairlee VT USA (LRSP 11.1, LRSP 11.2)
- LRSP XII 2006 New Orleans, LA USA (LRSP 12.1)
- LRSP XIII 2008 Lyon, France (LRSP 13.1)
- LRSP XIV 2011 Baltimore, MD USA (LRSP 14.1, LRSP 14.2, LRSP 14.3)
- LRSP XV 2014 Vienna, Austria (LRSP 15.1)
For older proceedings please contact our office at 662-915-5889 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.