Publications by Infrasound Group
- JohnPaul Abbott and Richard Raspet, “Calculated wind noise for an infrasonic wind noise enclosure,” Acoust. Soc. Am. 138, 332 (2015).
- Jeremy Webster and Richard Raspet, “Infrasonic wind noise under a deciduous tree canopy,” Acoust. Soc. Am. 137, 2670 (2015).
- Roger Waxler, Laslo G. Evers, Jelle D. Assink, and Phillip Blom, “The Stratospheric Arrival Pair in Infrasound Propagation,” Acoust. Soc. Am., 137, 1846 (2015).
- JohnPaul Abbott, Richard Raspet, and Jeremy Webster, “Wind fence enclosures for infrasonic wind noise reduction,” Acoust. Soc. Am. 137, 1265 (2015).
- Richard Raspet and Jeremy Webster, “Wind noise under a pine tree canopy,” Acoust. Soc. Am. 137, 651 (2015).
- Joel B. Lonzaga, Roger M. Waxler, Jelle D. Assink, and Carrick L. Talmadge, “Modelling waveforms of infrasound arrivals from impulsive sources using weakly non-linear ray theory,” J. Int. 200, 1347–1361 (2015).
- Phillip S. Blom, Roger Waxler, W. Garth Frazier, and Carrick Talmadge, “Observations of the refraction of microbaroms generated by large maritime storms by the wind field of the generating storm,” Geoph. Res., Volume 119, Issue 12, pages 7179–7192, DOI: 10.1002/2014JD021795 (2014).
- Garth Frazier, Carrick Talmadge, Joseph Park, Roger Waxler, and Jelle D. Assink, “Acoustic Detection, tracking, and characterization of three tornadoes,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 135, 1742 (2014).
- Jelle D. Assink, Roger Waxler, P. Smets and Lazlo G. Evers, “Bidirectional infrasonic ducts associated with sudden stratospheric warming events,” of Geoph. Res.: Atmospheres, DOI: 10.1002/2013JD021062 (2014).
- Jelle D. Assink, Roger Waxler, W. Garth Frazier and Joel Lonzaga, “The estimation of upper atmospheric wind model updates from infrasound data,” J. of Geoph. Res.: Atmospheres, 118 (19), 10,707–10,724 (2013).
- David Fee, Roger Waxler, Jelle Assink, Yefim Gitterman, Jeffrey Given, John Coyne, Pierrick Mialle, Milton Garces, Douglas Drob, Daniel E. Kleinert, Rami Hofstetter, Patrick Grenard, “Overview of the 2009 and 2011 Sayarim Infrasound Calibration Experiments,” Geoph. Res., DOI: 10.1002/jgrd.50398 (2013).
- Bonner, J. L., R. Waxler, Y. Gitterman, and R. Hofstetter, “Seismo-acoustic energy partitioning at near-source and local distances from the 2011 Sayarim Explosions in the Negev Desert, Israel,” Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America,April 2013, v. 103, p. 741-758, doi:10.1785/0120120181.
- Richard Raspet, “Review of Wind Turbine Noise, by Dick Bowdler, Geoff Leventhall,” Acoust. Soc. Am. 132, 1233 (2012).
- Phillip S. Blom, Roger Waxler, “Impulse propagation in the nocturnal boundary layer: analysis of the geometric component,” Acoust. Soc. Am.,131, Num. 5, 3680-3690 (2012).
- Jelle D. Assink, Roger Waxler, and Douglas P. Drob, “On the sensitivity of infrasonic travel times in the equatorial region to the atmospheric tides,” Geophys. Res., doi:10.1029/2011JD016107 (2012).
- Jiao Yu, Richard Raspet, Jeremy Webster, and JohnPaul Abbott, “Improved prediction of the turbulence-shear contribution to wind noise pressure spectra,” Acoust. Soc. Am. 130, 3590 (2011).
- Jiao Yu, Richard Raspet, Jeremy Webster, and JohnPaul Abbott, “Wind noise measured at the ground surface,” Acoust. Soc. Am. 129, 622 (2011).
- P. Chunchuzov, S. N. Kulichkov, O. E. Popov, R. Waxler, and J. Assink, “Infrasound Scattering from Atmospheric Anisotropic Inhomogeneities,” Izvestiya, Atmospheric and Oceanic Physics, Vol. 47, No. 5, pp. 540–557 (2011).
- Maarten Hornikx, Roger Waxler, and Jens Forssen, “The extended Fourier pseudospectral time-domain (PSTD) method for atmospheric sound propagation,” Acoust. Soc. Am. 128, 1632-1646 (2010).
- Maarten Hornikx and Roger Waxler, “The extended Fourier pseudospectral time-domain (PSTD) method for fluid media with discontinuous properties,” Comp. Acoust., 18 (4) 297-319 (2010).
- Jin H. Soh, Kenneth E. Gilbert, Wm. Garth Frazier, Carrick L. Talmadge, and Roger Waxler, “A direct method for measuring acoustic ground impedance in long-range propagation experiments,” Acoust. Soc. Am.128, Issue 5, pp. EL286-EL293 (2010).
- Carl Jensen and Richard Raspet, “Thermoacoustic power conversion using a piezoelectric transducer,” Acoust. Soc. Am.128, 98 (2010).
- Carl Jensen and Richard Raspet, “Thermoacoustic properties of fibrous materials,” Acoust. Soc. Am.127, 3470 (2010).
- Jeremy Webster, Richard Raspet, Jiao Yu, and Wayne E. Prather, “Measurement of wind noise levels in streamlined probes,” Acoust. Soc. Am.127, 2764 (2010).
- Roger Waxler, Kenneth E. Gilbert and Carrick Talmadge, “A theoretical treatment of the long range propagation of impulsive signals under strongly ducted nocturnal conditions,” Acoust. Soc. Am. 124, 2742-2754 (2008).
- Carrick L. Talmadge, Roger Waxler, Xiao Di, Kenneth E. Gilbert, Sergey Kulichkov, “Observation of low-frequency acoustic surface waves in the nocturnal boundary layer,” Acoust. Soc. Am. 124, 1956-1962 (2008).
- Claus H. Hetzer, Roger Waxler, Kenneth E. Gilbert, Carrick L. Talmadge and Hank E. Bass, “Infrasound from hurricanes: Dependence on the ambient ocean surface wave field,” Res. Lett. 35, L14609 (2008).
- Bass, H. E., C. H. Hetzer, and Raspet (2007), On the speed of sound in the atmosphere as a function of altitude and frequency, J. Geophys. Res., 112, D15110, doi:10.1029/2006JD007806.
- Roger Waxler and Kenneth E. Gilbert, “The radiation of atmospheric microbaroms by ocean waves,” Acoust. Soc. Am. 119 (5) 2651-2664 (2006).
- Roger Waxler, Carrick L. Talmadge, Shantharam Dravida and Kenneth E. Gilbert, “The near ground structure of the nocturnal sound field,” Acoust. Soc. Am. 119, 86-95 (2006).
- Roger Waxler, “Modal expansions for sound propagation in the nocturnal boundary layer,” Acoust. Soc. Am. 115 (4), 1437-1448 (2004).
- Roger Waxler, A vertical eigenfunction expansion for the propagation of sound in a downward refracting atmosphere over a complex impedance plain, J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 112 (6), 2540-2552 (2002).
Books and Manuscripts
- C. Hetzer, K. Gilbert, R. Waxler, and C. Talmadge, “Generation of Microbaroms by Deep-Ocean Hurricanes,” in Infrasound Monitoring for Atmospheric Studies (A. Le Pichon, E. Blanc, and A Hauchecorne, editors), Springer Science and Business Media B.V,, 2010.
Non-Peer Reviewed Publications
- Carrick Talmadge and Roger Waxler, “Infrasound from Tornados: Theory, Measurement, and Prospects for Their Use in Early Warning Systems,” Acoustics Today, Volume 12, Issue 1, Spring 2016.