Publications by Infrasound Group
Current publications (Note: these are publications by members of the Infrasound Group dating back to 2010. Not all publications relate to infrasound.)
- J. D. Assink, R. Waxler, W. G. Frazier and J. Lonzaga, The estimation of upper atmospheric wind model updates from infrasound data, Submitted to J. Geophys. Res.
- David Fee, Roger Waxler, Jelle Assink, Yefim Gitterman, Jeffrey Given, John Coyne, Pierrick Mialle, Milton Garces, Douglas Drob, Daniel E. Kleinert, Rami Hofstetter, Patrick Grenard, “Overview of the 2009 and 2011 Sayarim Infrasound Calibration Experiments,” J. Geoph. Res., DOI: 10.1002/jgrd.50398 (2013).
- Phillip S. Blom, Roger Waxler, “Impulse propagation in the nocturnal boundary layer: analysis of the geometric component,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. Vol 131, Num. 5, p 3680-3690 (2012)
- Jelle D. Assink, Roger Waxler, and Douglas P. Drob, “On the sensitivity of infrasonic travel times in the equatorial region to the atmospheric tides,” J. Geophys. Res., doi:10.1029/2011JD016107 (2012).
- Richard Raspet, “Review of Wind Turbine Noise, by Dick Bowdler, Geoff Leventhall,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 132, 1233 (2012).
- I. P. Chunchuzov, S. N. Kulichkov, O. E. Popov, R. Waxler, and J. Assink, “Infrasound Scattering from Atmospheric Anisotropic Inhomogeneities,” Izvestiya, Atmospheric and Oceanic Physics, Vol. 47, No. 5, pp. 540–557 (2011).
- Maarten Hornikx, Roger Waxler, and Jens Forssen, “The extended Fourier pseudospectral time-domain (PSTD) method for atmospheric sound propagation,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 128, 1632-1646 (2010).
- Bonner, J. L., R. Waxler, Y. Gitterman, and R. Hofstetter, “Seismo-acoustic energy partitioning at near-source and local distances from the 2011 Sayarim Explosions in the Negev Desert, Israel,” Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, April 2013, v. 103, p. 741-758, doi:10.1785/0120120181
- Jiao Yu, Richard Raspet, Jeremy Webster, and JohnPaul Abbott, “Improved prediction of the turbulence-shear contribution to wind noise pressure spectra,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 130, 3590 (2011)
- Jiao Yu, Richard Raspet, Jeremy Webster, and JohnPaul Abbott, “Wind noise measured at the ground surface,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 129, 622 (2011)
- Carl Jensen and Richard Raspet, “Thermoacoustic power conversion using a piezoelectric transducer,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am.128, 98 (2010)
- Carl Jensen and Richard Raspet, “Thermoacoustic properties of fibrous materials,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am.127, 3470 (2010)
- Jeremy Webster, Richard Raspet, Jiao Yu, and Wayne E. Prather, “Measurement of wind noise levels in streamlined probes,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 127, 2764 (2010)
- Jin H. Soh, Kenneth E. Gilbert, Wm. Garth Frazier, Carrick L. Talmadge, and Roger Waxler, “A direct method for measuring acoustic ground impedance in long-range propagation experiments,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 128, Issue 5, pp. EL286-EL293 (2010).
- Roger Waxler, A vertical eigenfunction expansion for the propagation of sound in a downward refracting atmosphere over a complex impedance plain, J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 112 (6),
- 2540-2552 (2002).Roger Waxler, Carrick L. Talmadge, Shantharam Dravida and Kenneth E. Gilbert, “The near ground structure of the nocturnal sound field,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 119, 86-95 (2006)
- Roger Waxler and Kenneth E. Gilbert, The radiation of atmospheric microbaroms by ocean waves, J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 119 (5) 2651-2664 (2006)
- Carrick L. Talmadge, Roger Waxler, Xiao Di, Kenneth E. Gilbert, Sergey Kulichkov, “Observation of low-frequency acoustic surface waves in the nocturnal boundary layer,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 124, 1956-1962 (2008).
- Roger Waxler, Kenneth E. Gilbert and Carrick Talmadge, “A theoretical treatment of the long range propagation of impulsive signals under strongly ducted nocturnal conditions,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 124, 2742-2754 (2008).
- Claus H. Hetzer, Roger Waxler, Kenneth E. Gilbert, Carrick L. Talmadge and Hank E. Bass, “Infrasound from hurricanes: Dependence on the ambient ocean surface wave field,” Geophys. Res. Lett. 35, L14609 (2008).
- Bass, H. E., C. H. Hetzer, and R. Raspet (2007), On the speed of sound in the atmosphere as a function of altitude and frequency, J. Geophys. Res., 112, D15110, doi:10.1029/2006JD007806.
Books and Manuscripts
- C. Hetzer, K. Gilbert, R. Waxler, and C. Talmadge, “Generation of Microbaroms by Deep-Ocean Hurricanes,” in Infrasound Monitoring for Atmospheric Studies (A. Le Pichon, E. Blanc, and A Hauchecorne, editors), Springer Science and Business Media B.V,, 2010